Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Back on board



Dear all I am pleased to announce that after a long Illness that I am now able to resume my writing activities for the Dutch Jazz Times. While the last 12 months have been very taxing I received comfort in the numerous Get well soon mails received. Thanks to all those who took the time to contact me.

Well enough of that, from today I am fully back on board with renewed energy and look forward to posting interesting news from the Dutch and European jazz scene. When I started this blog I had completely underestimated the amount of work it takes to keep a blog up to date. From what I hear this is a common mistake.

This blog is very dear to my heart and my goal is help European musicians get their news out to all those jazz fans throughout the world. To achieve this I have realized that I need assistance. If you love jazz, have a good command of English and would like to contribute to the Dutch Jazz Times please contact me on dutchjazztimes@gmail.com

To kick off the resurrection of the Dutch Jazz Times I have just posted a review of a great CD released recently on Unit Records from Swiss trio VEIN featuring Dave Liebman. I am a great fan of piano trios however I was completely unaware of this group until their CD arrived in my letterbox for review. What a surprise, great CD and incredible trio. From the press release it would appear that VEIN together with Dave Liebman will be once again touring in March 2013. Here is a tip for Dutch clubs, book is band! If this live CD is any indication, it will be a great concert.

Johan van Deeg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's very nice indeed so keep it up for more post and i like it very much and hope so nice post here next time and know more click here.